The Sari Story – Banaras Weaves – Ten Banarasi Sari That Will Take Your Breath Away
Banarasi sari is among the finest saris in India. They are known for their gold and silver zari, fine silk embroidery and rich brocade work. Know more about the history of Banarasi sari here and here.
An ancient textile, Banarasi sari has stood the test of time making it a true classic. It has seen many adaptations, incorporating aesthetics from dominant design trends of the many cultures it graced and dressed. This ability to adapt to market design influences makes it highly relevant to our modern Indian dressing.
Designs today are a revival of the traditional patterns fused with current trends. Popular saris are Pure silk (Katan), Brocade sari, Jamdani sari, Organza (Kora), Jangla sari, Kora cutwork sari, Resham Butidar sari, Tanchoi sari, Tissue sari, Cutwork saris to name a few.
Here is our list of ten Banarasi sari that you must see and include in your collection.
1. Red Kadwa Pure Silk Banarasi Sari with Kairi Booti
On- Amazon, @ Rs.22,600/-
2. Black Kadwa Boota Pure Silk Sari with meenakari border.
On- Amazon, @ Rs.20,000/-
3. Sandshell and Pink Pure Silk Sari with Zari-Woven Trees on Border and Brocaded Pallu
On- Amazon, @ Rs.24,200/-
4. Blue Pure Silk Banarasi Sari with Butta on Body
On- Amazon, @ Rs.28,760/-
5. Magenta-Pink Pure Silk Sari with Kadhwa Floral Weave and Zari Striped Border
On- Amazon, @ Rs.22,495/-
6. MagentaPure Silk Banarasi Sari with Pure zari pallu and Butta
On- Amazon, @ Rs.43,680/-
7. Cream And Red Pure Silk Banarasi Sari with Zari And Meenakari Saree
On- Amazon, @ Rs.45,000/-
8. Black Hand Crafted Pure Butter Silk Sari with Zari Weave and Butta
On- Amazon, @ Rs.26,800/-
9. Pink Tanchoi Pure Silk Banarasi Sari with zari work and butti on the border
On- Amazon, @ Rs.24,890/-