In 2012, Payal Khandwala, a new kid on the block showcased her first collection though designing is anything but new to her. She was lauded as a promising name to watch for, today she runs a successful label with a stellar clientele, click here to see Alia Bhatt and more in her creations. Her collection is a reinvention of traditional craft in a contemporary avatar. Her pieces are modern, practical and high on comfort.
Her sensibility combines her varied cultural influences to create a design handwriting that is global yet Indian in aspiration. Her designs address the need for clothes that are luxurious yet well priced, stylish yet comfortable, traditional yet also modern.
Her muse is often a modern woman, juggling her various roles with aplomb. A woman with a taste for luxury yet looking for practical and comfortable dressing. Her clothes are for people who are unapologetically themselves, expressive with a high sense of individuality.
In an interview with Verve, Payal Khandwala described her Bride as someone who “won’t sacrifice comfort for style. She might wear flats because she knows it will be a long night and will appreciate a lehenga that is lightweight, traditional yet sophisticated. I think she would pick subtle luxury because what she wears is an extension of who she is and not because she’s trying to compete with other brides. She’s confident, she packs light, plus she saves money not buying a really expensive lehenga, (that she might only wear once) and spends the money on travel instead!”
Does this sound like you? Read more on her new collection THE NEW EMPEROR and why we recommend her for you.
This collection has some dazzling and brilliant lehengas, along with kurtas, sarees and even a power suit for a Bride who is intent on writing her own story. Brocade in brilliant and vivid colors are wedding ready for you to paint a spectacular picture. Garments are practical, with her signature pocket lehenga for a handsfree bride.
Why We recommend her
- Layered separates give you the ability to mix and match your ensemble to best suit your creative expression. Structured shirts, brocade tops, fluid jackets combined with the lehenga and sarees help you create a look that is uniquely you.
- The versatile Lehenga is light weight and allows for multiple future uses without it feeling outdated and overdone. This lightweight lehenga is also great for a destination wedding, where packing light is the priority.
- Practical and comfortable, garments include functionality wherever possible. Lehenga with pockets ensures that you have fun in any social do. Perfect for a handsfree bride. Also, a lightweight lehenga ensures that you are not bogged down in heavy uncomfortable clothing for long ceremonies.
- Affordable and light on the pocket, save and have an extended honeymoon.
- Colors are vivid and colorful, a running theme in all her collections. Set the rhythm for a fun frolicky wedding with her vivid and colorful pieces.
If you like what you read then like, if you love it then share and subscribe. watch out for our next designer to be featured on Shaadi corner.